However, I've decided that I want to come back to blogging. Can't a girl change her mind? Sheesh! LOL
So a lot has happened since the last time we talked. Shortly before I started this blog, I'd called off my wedding and thought this would be a good outlet and release. However, as it turned out all I wanted to do was mourn in private and didn't feel like blogging one bit.
Well, fast forward six months and you get a fresh chick with a new outlook on life. God is good. He takes good care of me and comforts me in my time of need. LIFE IS GREAT! I've moved forward with career goals, went back to school, moved into a fabulous apartment, travel at least once a month, started back up my business and continued to stay active in church.
Although I am no longer a bride-to-be, I fell in love with wedding "stuff" during my planning stage and every once in a while, I will post some things here that I run across that I'd like to share. I'll also post some new sewing creations I come up with, new recipes I want to try (and succeed), travel excursions and good times with friends and family.
So, thanks for being apart of my space..............................
WELCOME BACK TO MY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Envi Event Planning and Atlanta Marriott Buckhead
Have you always wished you could have a wedding that would be so much fun it would make all your friends jealous?
Would you like to hear all your guests say "WOW that was the best wedding reception EVER" ?
Thursday, March 26th---- 6pm-9pm
1420 Room, 1420 Dunwoody Village Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30338
Special offer: The 1st, 25th and 50th brides to purchase tickets online will receive an autographed copy of The Best Wedding Reception...Ever! Also, purchase tickets before March 13th and be automatically entered to win an IPod!
To purchase tickets and for more information go to: http://cl.exct.net/?ju=fe5d17757c63027f7415&ls=fdf816747560007577127571&m=fef812717d640c&l=fe9d15737462077f77&s=fe2016797c65077b721274&jb=ffcf14&t=. Tickets are $15-bride; $25-guest.
First Place - all expenses paid honeymoon, a 4 day / 3 night Luxury Included® Honeymoon to any of the twelve Sandals Resorts located in Jamaica, Antigua, St. Lucia and The Bahamas (airfare not included)
Second Place - $1500
Third Place - $1000
Contest closes April 17, 2009 so don't delay. Enter the contest today for your chance to win.
That was going to be my splurge item. I didn't really care about the dress, cake, or food as much as I cared about having a fireworks show, a good DJ, and lots of dancing and fun.
Here are three companies that I requested quotes from in the DFW (Texas) area.
For those of you who may not know about wedding fireworks, there are lots of options that you can chose from in order to incorporate "pyrotechnics" (I was informed that this is the proper term) into your special day.
Here are some of the options:
- First Kiss Fireworks“You may kiss the bride.” - What better to follow these words than a one-minute finale? A barrage of colorful aerial bursts fill the sky behind the bride and groom as the photographer captures this picture-perfect moment. Instantly, this becomes a wedding to remember forever.
- Your Delightful Display - After the reception dinner, everyone walks onto the balcony for a champagne toast to the bride and groom. After a few kind words, a beautiful fireworks display begins. While sipping champagne, large gold willows and red chrysanthemums grace the presence of you and your guests.
- The Elegant Exit - The dinner and dancing are over. Everyone lines the exit door as the bride and groom walk to their limo. The couple are driven down the long driveway, and towards a gold, glittery, and elegant aerial display. To everyone’s surprise, every 20 feet, a 12-foot gold fountain of sparks rises into the air as the limo passes.
Here are some things that you have to be sure of:
Decide if you want an indoor or outdoor display
You have to get a permit, insurance and licensing.
You have to coordinate with the fire department
You have to have enough space and hire security for the equipment
The timing of the show can save you money. If the fireworks don't move as quickly, they won't cost as much. Hence, your four minute show could cost less that someone else's because you went in 30 second intervals instead of 15 second intervals.
For those of you who do not have a lot of planning-patience, you may not want to go this route because there are a lot of people involved and it seemed to be pretty time consuming to get it all together.
However, for me, it seemed well worth it! Maybe if I start saving now, I can afford the full fledged show by the time God brings my KISA (Knight In Shining Armor) into my life.
Unless otherwise noted, All photos and info courtesy of North Texas Pyrotechnic Productions, LLC
LOOK!! this is what I found.........................
A Victoria Secret Sale!!!!!!!!!!!
Aren't these the cutest ever?!?
These three are $29.99
These two are $34.99
This one is $39.00
These two are $39.99
And all of these are 2 for $100!
However, I regret to inform you that I am no longer engaged.
So, with a new status comes a new blog. I'd imagine that as I go through my period of dis-engagement while still having a love and passion for wedding planning, I can share those thoughts, ideas, and feelings here. And one day, when I am strong enough to delete my old blog, I will start anew as the original www.Authentically-U.blogspot.com.
until then, were going to use this http address. www.mistakenbride.blogspot.com
I hope you all will continue to join me as I am healed and restored as a beautiful woman who will emerge with a powerful testimony..............................
and continue to share my wedding related DREAMS..................................................
February 4, 2009
California Bridal Events Newsletter
CBS is looking for Brides for a New TV Show!
LOOKING FOR YOUR BIRTH FAMILY? ARE YOU BEING DEPLOYED? GETTING MARRIED AND WANT TO FIND THEM IN TIME FOR THE BIG DAY? Share your story on a new TV show from the creators of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" & "Secret Millionaire!"
California Bridal Events
1. I vow to only use "real" Christmas Trees, never artificial
2. Getting my nails done is amazing therapy. My nail guy Alex is such a good listener and no matter where he goes, I'd follow.
3. I am the Director of the youth ministry at my church
4. I am like the only person in the world without a face book page.
5. Forensic Files is my favorite TV show.
6. I am the only girl and the youngest of my parents children.
7. I am in love with those DNA pictures that you can get as art.
8. I can't live without my to-do list.
10. I can't imagine life without you all, my beloved blogger buddies.
And now I have to pass this on the 7 other blogs, so here we go ladies:
Since so many of my blog friends have received this award, I'll just give it to my seven most recent followers. They all have fabulous blogs!!
Kristin at Something Blue
Brandy at Something Weddings
Brenn at Where Preppy meets Hippie
Jane at In the Waiting Line
Goldie at A Brides Golden Moments
A Biltmore Bride
Chrissy at 3. 2. 1.
So here goes my seven random facts!
1) I am obsessed with the action of speedometers turning to a "thousandth". From back in the day when they would roll over to now when they change digitally, I love when the speedometer is on an even number in the thousands. it's gotten so bad that my friends will pull off to the side of the road and take pictures with their camera phones & text them to me to make my day. I get so excited when mine rolls over! There is something magical when it says 43,000. hahahaha
2) I love hospital food! Absolutely love it! When I was little I used to beg my parents to take me to the hospital to eat hospital food when all the other kids wanted to go to McDonald's. Even to this day, I don't like a whole lot of seasoning on my food and prefer hospital food. Photo Source
3) I am a shark fanatic. I belong to seven different organizations that are for shark protection and preservation. Sharks are not horrific creatures, they just get a bad rap. Even the guy who wrote the movie jaws, has now spent his life trying to educate people on this amazing animal. I'm not surprised they come inland to try to feed with all the trash and pollution we dump in the ocean, millions of pounds a day. Cruise ships just sail out a little ways (only 3 miles to be exact) and open the hatch and there ya go! I'm not surprised sharks are hungry enough to bite since we are extremely over fishing and robbing them of the food and resources they need to survive. They have been around since the age of dinosaurs so I doubt they are not going to use their survival skills to continue to exist. Plus, people kill these creatures to make soup out of their fins and throw the rest of the body away. The killers don't even recycle it to "half-way" justify the killing! They just freakin' kill them! We treat the oceans like God will just give us another one when we finish abusing this one. But I digress. Not cool, not cool at all people!
4) I usually keep about 3 jobs at a time. I am not sure if I am afraid of commitment or what but I do not want to just have one main job and leave it at that. However, I usually keep about three different gigs that all take different talents to give me some excitement and variance to life. Maybe, it's a generational thing. I know lots of people my age that are like me. Photo Source
5) I HATE shopping, any kind of shopping, especially clothes and groceries, even if it's with YOUR money. E'nuf said!
6) I love to take pictures. By no means am I a photographer or am I good at it, but I love it. I truly believe a picture is worth a thousand words. Plus, looking at pictures, helps you develop analytical skills, creativity, reasoning skills, and a whole host of other things that are good for you.
7) I have a terrible memory/I'm a "post-it note" queen. people even buy me post it notes for Christmas and my birthday. This "random fact" kind of stems from number 6. That's one reason why I take so many pictures. Because my memory is bad, I need proof that it happened the way you said it did.
Now I must tag one person. I had a hard time choosing so I decided to go with whoever my newest follower is, hold on.......let me go take a look..........okay, I'm back......It's:
Bridal Guide is proud to be a part of the best bridal shows in the country: The Great Bridal Expo, the nation's largest touring bridal exhibition; Perfect Wedding Guide Bridal Shows, dedicated to brides and grooms for over 15 years; and The Wedding Salon, a luxury bridal event showcasing high-end products and services.
These shows feature aisles of top wedding professionals, fashion shows with the latest in bridal attire, and chances to win fabulous giveaways such as honeymoons, gowns, home furnishings and more. Find the show nearest you and start planning the wedding of your dreams today!
A little more than a month ago, I decided to start blogging about my engagement and I was so very excited and happy. Although I'd been e...
MY TWO CENTS: For a very long time, I did not know what that shooting pain was that I continued to feel going down my left leg. I was abso...