Quality Inn, 4112 N. Brandywine Dr., Peoria, IL 61614Although I frequent Peoria quite a bit, this was the first time that I visited this particular Choice Property. As most of you know, I am a Diamond Elite Member with Choice and stay with them at least once a week during my business travels. I really like Peoria. It's the birthplace of Richard Pryor, the largest city that sits on the beautiful Illinois River, the headquarters to Caterpillar, Inc. (and their museum) and The home of "The Spirit of Peoria" paddle wheel riverboat. My favorite place is the Riverwalk that is the location of local festivals, restaurants, shops, and museums.
See my review of the hotel below:
- PARKING: This particular property was warm and inviting as I approached. It was a little difficult to get to, from the highway, as it sits on a side road and requires some navigation. Additionally, the spaces in the parking lot were a tad bit small, but at least it was well lit which is very important.
- EASE OF CHECK IN/CHECK OUT: Upon entering the lobby, I was immediately impressed with the set up of the lobby. It was spacious and modern. There were two associates available so Check In was quick and easy. Both associates were friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating, offering information about breakfast and asking about our travels. Our agent acknowledged our Elite Status and thanked us for our business.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: All of our requests were handled with care and attention.
- REWARDS STATUS PERKS: This property offered one complimentary item from the pantry and a late check out. However, we were not offered the larger suite but judging by the cars in the parking lot, there was probably not one available. Since we already had a suite w/ kitchenette booked, it wasn't a big deal because the only upgrade would have been just a bigger bed (from Queen to King).
- CLEANLINESS: The hotel was very clean. The room was clean, as was the pool area and gym. I could also appreciate that they supplied towels in the pool and gym area. Sometimes, it can be an inconvenience to have to supply my own towels or bring them from the room.
- DECOR: Nice...... but nothing to write home about.
- LOCATION: The location is great. While it is not within walking distance to downtown, it is only a few exits up. They also have a shuttle for the airport and it is right across the street from the mall and every restaurant imaginable.
- BREAKFAST: Breakfast was pretty good. There were 3 different types of eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereal, yogurt, fresh raw fruit, and pastries/ bagels.
- WI-FI & TECHNOLOGY: The Wifi was complimentary and extremely fast. The connection was excellent and speed was perfect. There is also a well equipped business center on the second floor that was spacious and easy to use. Printing was also available in the business center.
- EXTRAS: The pool was indoors and heated. It was also a nice size and include a hot tub along side it. There was also a patio, equipped with patio furniture for lounging and sun bathing. The fitness room had multiple types of cardio equipment, free weights, and a scale. It was a nice size room with mirrors on 2 full walls. Lastly, there is a conference center with conference rooms on this property. I didn't look inside but the area appeared to be a nice size room.
What's your favorite thing about Peoria? Any recommendations on "must try" things to do while there?
Also, let me know if you've ever been to this Quality Inn and your thoughts!
Post a Comment