Comfort Inn River's Edge
Huron, Ohio is a city in Erie County, Ohio, United States. The population was 7,149 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Sandusky, Ohio Metropolitan Statistical Area. Huron Township surrounds the City of Huron.
132 N. Main St., Huron, OH, 44839, US
The citys' website says this about Huron:
"Our city is located in Erie County in what was historically known as the Firelands region of the Connecticut Western Reserve. During the American Revolutionary War, hundreds of New England residents were displaced from their homes when British forces set entire towns ablaze. Several years after the end of the war, many relocated to the Western Reserve, and they are remembered in Huron in the form of several streets’ names, as well as the Bowling Green State University Firelands Campus.
The city offers access to excellent public safety forces and street and water services. Our location on the lake creates a natural environment for recreation, and the city’s commitment to enhancing the community’s quality of life has produced several beautifully landscaped parks, a public boat basin, groomed beaches and a host of progressive recreational programs and activities.
The city’s location at the midpoint of Cleveland and Toledo along the Route 2 corridor allows businesses access to two metropolitan markets. In addition to Route 2, Huron is only minutes away from the Ohio Turnpike and provides access to the Great Lake shipping lanes from the Huron River, complementing its access to the major railway between New York and Chicago. The city’s corporate park offers entrepreneurs a great location to conduct business and affordable property for future growth."
PARKING: The parking lot is kind of interesting to figure out because it is not directly centered in front of the building. But there seemed to be plenty enough parking spaces for the guests that were registered on the night that we stayed. You have to walk down a small set of stairs and cross over the loading/unloading drive-way to get to the front door. However, the parking lot was well lit and well paved.
EASE OF CHECK IN/CHECK OUT: Check in and Check out was a breeze! Once we walked in, our registration card was quickly prepared, signed, and we were in our room within minutes.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: The agents at the front were helpful and informative. We were also granted our Diamond Member upgrade that we requested, so that's always a plus.
CLEANLINESS: The room was pretty clean. Nothing more, nothing less. There were a few water stains o the curtain facing the river above the A/C. Not sure why that is but that's the only thing I found.
THE ROOM: The room was nice and spacious!! Obviously, the best part was the view. Additionally, the bed was comfortable, the entry seating area was a nice touch, and the sofa and chair was great for relaxing by the window. Additionally, the room came equipped with a fridge, microwave, and work desk. This particular room was extremely comfortable and I would definitely stay here again. I was also pleased that the rooms were located away from the elevators an ice machines. The hotel was very quiet.
DECOR: The decor included cute little pictures of light houses and sunsets. The room also had beautiful gold metallic curtains.
LOCATION: The location of this property was quite convenient. It is located in the cute little downtown area of the City of Huron. There are small shops, a diner, gas station, and pub within walking distance of the property. This Comfort Inn sits right on the base of the river and is near a park and a beach!
WI-FI & TECHNOLOGY: The WiFi worked wel and there was a great selection of channels that we thoroughly enjoyed.
VALUE: As always, since we created our booking using Ebates, we received 2.5% cash back. If you don't have an ebates account you are truly missing out! You can sign up by clicking here.
What's your favorite Ohio City?
Have you ever experienced Huron? Any recommendations on "must try" things to do while there?
Also, let me know if you've ever been to this Comfort Inn and your thoughts!
Where are you in your corner of the world today?
Dare I say that one of the hardest habits to create is a workout regimine. It's one of those lifelong habits that you start, stop, and start again so many times that you lose count. And of course, then there comes along all of the most new and innovative tools that are supposed to help make everything easier, quicker, and produce ore results.
I must say that I have tried a lot of workout tools in my day. Everything from various balls, weights, ropes, bands, and whatever else you can think of.
However, one thing that I had been wanting to try for months were resistance bands! But where do I start. Do I get the open bands or the loop bands? Do I get the log bands or short bands? And what's the difference in resistance levels of the bands. Ultimately, how do I use these things in order to maximize their effectiveness as a part of my overall fitness goals.
Then I tried The Body Factory set of 5 Resistance Body Bands for Fitness/Abs/Physical Therapy/Stretching. Additionally, this product came with 2 Dual Sided Core Sliders, which I had absolutely no idea how to use but it was stated that it was for Core Strengthening, Glutes, and Fat Burning.
So of course like all smart people (including myself, LOL) I headed over to YouTube to see if I could find someone who knew how to use these bands and fell in love with what I saw. It appeared that the exercises that people do with these small look resistance bands are simple, yet effective. Now, that's my type of exercise!
I'll leave the links at the bottom of this blog with my favorite examples of how to use these products. But in the mean time, let's get right into my personal review!! I was so excited when my bands arrived in the mail!!
THE ORDERING PROCESS: The ordering process was simple, you're typical amazon experience. The item was priced right at about $15 bucks and the all of the band perks were spelled out in plain language and understandable. The description was thorough and detailed.
VALUE: The price was perfect! I've typically paid a lot more for exercise equipment hoping for amazing results and this purchase made me feel like I'd bought multiple items for the cost of lunch.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: The products came packed in protective bubble-wrap envelop and a convenient carrying case. It also came with a nice little card inviting me to review the product on Amazon and contact them if I am not completely satisfied. It included contact information.
QUALITY: The quality of the product was great. The bands were well made with high quality color and material and withstood the toughest wear and tear that I put on it.
FINAL THOUGHTS: Overall, the product did exactly what it indicated that it would do!! I love these bands!!
And one of my favorite things about them is that they are portable, pack easy in their little carry case, and I am able to travel with them without them taking up a little of space. As you can see in the attached photos, I took these on vacation with me and their photo shoot happened right there in my hotel room.
Check back later in the week for my new YouTube video and a demonstration on my favorite ways to use the resistance bands.
Here's a good demonstration of using the Core Sliders: https://greatist.com/move/sliders-workout
Ready to grab your bands? Here ya go!!
Here are some of my favorite YouTube Videos using Loop Bands:
(SEE BELOW THE DESCRIPTION TAKEN FROM THE BODY SHOP PRODUCT PAGE:)
- PERFECT FIT FOR EVERYBODY –The Body Factory resistance bands works for every kind of exercise like yoga, stretching and it is perfect for everyone. Using resistance bands as a workout tool enables you to work multiple muscles at once. You don’t have to be a pro athlete to use resistance bands, they’re suitable for all fitness levels – including beginners! With each band having a different resistance level, you can start off slowly and build up to the larger resistance levels.
- PREMIUM QUALITY RESISTANCE BANDS – 5 Premium resistance bands are of different sizes, all are of different color and for a different level of exercises. For each exercise you can choose 1 of our 5 color coded Bands for different stretch levels: 1 Green (X-Light) Band, 1 Blue (Light) Band, 1 Yellow (Medium) Band, 1 Red (Heavy) Band, and 1 Black (X-Heavy) Band.
- COMPATIBLE WITH EVERY KIND OF SURFACE – The dual sided core sliders, non-scratch design features plastic on one side and foam on the other for safe and easy use on hard wood and tile surfaces, carpet, and gym floors. Ideal for exercises like mountain climbers, sliders, squats, and lunges
- PORTABLE AND EASY –The Body Factory resistance bands and core sliders offer a number of advantages over other weights. They are much more lighter and portable than free weights so you can take them anywhere you go and continue your trainings no matter where you are. The resistance bands and core sliders are lightweight so the risk of injury associated with heavy weights is eliminated. For your convenience, it comes with a FREE carry bag so you can take them with you anywhere.
- 100% GUARANTEE –The Body Factory's mission is to develop premium & safe home exercise equipment to help you lead a healthier & better lifestyle with 100% customer satisfaction, therefore we offer lifetime guarantee because we are confident with the excellence of our Sliders and Resistant loops. We also provide UNLIMITED online consulting - how to use - which comes together with a lot of fun while training. ORDER NOW so you can be the lucky user of all these benefits.
Disclaimer: I received this product at a discounted price from The Body Factory in exchange for my honest and unbiased review and opinion. If you have any questions, please feel free to complete the "Contact Me" form. #Sponsored #Ad
A little more than a month ago, I decided to start blogging about my engagement and I was so very excited and happy. Although I'd been e...
Comfort Inn River's Edge 132 N. Main St., Huron, OH, 44839, US Huron, Ohio is a city in Erie County, Ohio, United States. The populat...